15% reserves your spot
Then pick a monthly investment that fits your budget
|TRIP DATES||AVAILABILITY||PRICE||SPOTS LEFT|
|January 12, 2024 - January 22, 2024||Guaranteed||$2,999 USD||
Airfare from Houston, TX & All Meals are included!
Embark on an extraordinary expedition to Oaxaca, Mexico, where history, culture, and nature intertwine to create a unique travel experience.
This immersive journey kicks off with a visit to the ancient city of Dainzu and the petrified falls of Hierve el Agua. Delve into the sacred valley of Tlacolula, home to the oldest Zapotec settlements, and uncover the fascinating history and rituals behind the prehispanic ball game. In the Prehistoric Caves of Yagul and Mitla, discover 10,000-year-old cucurbit seeds and maize remnants, a testament to Mexico’s contribution to world agriculture.
The adventure continues with a hike from Cuajimoloyas to Llano Grande, immersing you in the stunning landscapes of Pueblos Mancomunados. Traverse high-country trails, canyons, and waterfalls, and indulge in an up-close communion with Zapotec village life. Learn about medicinal plants and gastronomy in the alpine cloud forests, where you’ll savor dishes like Mole de olla, enriched by local traditions.
As you journey through Cañon del Coyote, identify medicinal plants, partake in an ointment workshop, and even experience a Temazcal session. Explore Benito Juarez, where the ecotourism community project took root, fostering job creation and cultural preservation. Hike amidst corn and potato farms, cross hanging bridges, and relish panoramic vistas.
In La Neveria, engage with local communities and delve into the cultivation of various corn varieties. Immerse yourself in traditional medicine, cultural talks, and even learn phrases of the Zapotec language. Culminate your adventure by hiking to the sacred mountain of “El Jaguar,” a space of spiritual significance where nature and rituals merge. Experience a spiritual cleansing and learn about colonial mining history at the ex-hacienda of 5 señores.
- Explore the oldest settlements of Zapotec culture in the sacred valley of Tlacolula
- Visit the Prehistoric Caves of Yagul and Mitla
- Embark on a journey back in time to the ancient city of Dainzu and learn about worshipping the God of Rain
- Drive to Teotitlan del Valle, known for its stunning rug weavings
- Enjoy a farm-to-table Oaxacan breakfast
- Hike the Hierve el Agua petrified falls, admiring ancient canals and natural infinity pools
- Trek from Cuajimoloyas to Llano Grande to witness breathtaking canyons, caves, waterfalls, and panoramic viewpoints
- Embark on an alpine cloud forest hike in Llano Grande, gaining insights into medicinal and flavoring plants
- Partake in a gastronomic journey with local chefs ~ learn to prepare the Mole de olla dish
- Venture into Cañon del Coyotefor a medicinal plant tour followed by a medicinal ointment workshop
- Discover the history of ecotourism at Benito Juarez, where cabin projects initiated in the 1990s
- Learn about corn cultivation, traditional medicine, and migration while engaging with local elders and savoring local dishes
- Take a spiritual hike to the sacred mountain of "El Jaguar," experiencing rituals and breathtaking vistas