15% reserves your spot
Then pick a monthly investment that fits your budget
|May 10, 2024 - May 21, 2024
We’ll be seeing much of northeastern Italy on this comprehensive tour. We’ll start in Florence, with works of art at every turn. A highlight will be the Acadamie to see Michelangelo’s David, one of the masterpieces of Renaissance art. A major component will be visiting wineries and fine dining restaurants. Those details to follow. We’ll also visit Pisa, and it’s leaning tower, and take a train into Cinque Terra, an Italian National Park along Italy’s rugged northern coast. Before ending our trip with multiple days in Rome, we’ll see much of the Tuscan and Chianti regions most visitors never see.
THIS TRIP IS SOLD OUT. IF YOU’D LIKE TO JOIN A WAITLIST OR HEAR ABOUT A NEXT DEPARTURE PLEASE LET US KNOW
Best of Tuscany, Rome, and Florence Guided Tour
The more we look at the details of the trip Alex has put together for us, the more excited we are. We’re going to be experiencing so much of Italy, all packed into 12 magical days. Here’s just a little sample of all he has in store for us:
- Florence – the ancient powerhouse, and home of The Medici family and Michelango. Florence is like an outside museum where we’ll see statues and art going back hundreds of years. The highlight will be a visit to The Academe Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David.
- Pisa – here we’ll see the Duomo, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and the Field of Miracles.
- Cinque-Terra – one of the most photographed areas of Italy, with 5 villages nearly plastered along the cliffs. Traditionally one walks a trail that takes you to all 5 villages. Except for the adventurous, we’ll take the train.
- Rome – we’ll be seeing the Vatican, the Vatican Museum including the Sistine Chapel. Later we’ll see what makes this the eternal city when our private guide takes us to The Spanish Steps, The Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and Navona Square.
- Umbrian Countryside – we’ll drive through incredible landscapes and see underground tunnels built by the Etruscans 2500 years ago, Civita di Bagnoregio with a population of 14 (and growing?). There are no cars in Civita, where time has stood still for the past several hundred years.
- Tuscany and the Hot Springs of Borgo Vignoni – we’ll enjoy one of Italy’s most spectacular open-air hot springs with this trip into the Tuscan countryside. Visit the spa at the nearby resort and relax in front of the breathtaking view of rolling fields and cypress trees.
- Visit the regions of Chianti, Tuscany, Umbria, and the Orcia Valley – our journeys will take us to multiple regions with history, wine, and food.
Come join us! This trip is limited to 12 and will likely sell out soon. Note that weather during our visit averages high of 75 / low of 55.
- Academy Gallery (Michelangelo's David) in Florence
- Gelato & pizza making experience in Florence
- Cooking class with lunch and wine tasting in a country farm
- Full day trip to Cinque Terre and Pisa
- Day trips to Siena and Montepulciano with several Tuscan winery stops
- Thermal Spa and Hot Springs
- Verrazzano Castle in Chianti with Lunch and Wine Cellar Tour/Tasting
- Vatican Museums with a private guide